Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In Limbo.

So it was brought to my attention today that I haven't posted anything in quite a while. And looking at the last post date, I suppose this is quite true. The reason why I haven't posted in such an extensive period of time is probably because I haven't written any poetry since 'Something Abstract'... Well, more accurately, I haven't completed any poetry since 'Something Abstract'. And why I haven't written any poetry? This a question with a number of answers - some clear, and some not quite so clear. Uni work is probably one reason, yet last year I seemed to do fine with studying and writing at the same time so what's different this year? Stress is probably another reason: I've recently starting have panic attacks for no apparent reason, so lately I've been massively on edge about everything you could possibly think of. I suppose poetry has taken a back seat in my life... No, it's probably taken the boot. Eating well and exercising have taken a back seat, but hopefully I've started to turn those things back into passengers.

Awesome! I'm using a metaphor. This is one step towards writing poetry again. Maybe later after I finish some school work, I might gather up a few drafts and try to forge something like poetry. Maybe. We'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment